People Tree A/W 2014 Collection

11:26:00


I was extremely lucky to have been invited to the Fairtrade Press Day Event on the day that I arrived in London.

The fact that I headed directly downtown after landing (my room was ready at the end of the afternoon), made for a packed MsBubu at media event. Everyone was lovely about it :) That's for the little story.

I was actually invited by People Tree, but many fair trade companies were there and even though it is something dear to my heart, I must admit that I'm still new to this world, so I learnt about most of them on the spot.

Details on one of my favourite tops
People Tree is recognized by customers and the fashion industry as a pioneer in Fair Trade and environmentally sustainable fashion. For over twenty years, People Tree has partnered with Fair Trade artisans and farmers in the developing world to produce a collection of ethical and eco fashion. Fair Trade is about creating a new way of doing business, creating access to markets and opportunities for people who live in the developing world.

They were showcasing their A/W 2014 collection, and mainly the pieces from their collaboration with designer Zandra Rhodes. Zandra Rhodes is known for her out there appearance and the boldness of her designs. Her pieces for People Tree is in the same line, of course, with bright patterns that reminds us of the sixties.

It was really difficult to capture the rreal vibrancy of the colours of the Zandra Rhodes pieces, unfortunately. But a look at the People Tree Video showcases it perfectly. 


Besides the Zandra Rhodes pieces, there were other garment form their regular line, which I did snapped some pics of. Made with 100% organic cotton, they were extremely soft and nothing next to the cotton I am used to. 


I was also pleased with their jewellery collection. Look at this lovely bird charm on the necklace!

 

  

 

Do you like People Tree? What are your favourite Fair Trade brands (food, beauty, fashion, etc.)?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook