Manicure Monday: Minty Houndstooth

17:45:00


This manicure is actually from a little while ago, but I did wanted to share some pictures, as I liked it a lot. And I also got many compliments on the houndstooth.

I'm into black and white with pops of colour, and I think the best combinations is either gold, pink or, in this case, mint. They just bring a hint of girlyness to the neutral B&W!

The houndstooth is actually nail wraps, as I wouldn't be able to reproduce that on my nails. They are the Sally Hansen Salon Effect Real Nail  Polish Strips I have talked about in my last Sample Sunday post. This is one strip for both my accent nails. That's what I usually do, as I have tiny hands and nails.

 
If you look close enough, you will be able to see that I had to put some black nail polish on the tip of the accent nail, as it chipped on the first day. This is due to the fact that I had to re-stick it as I misplaced it. And the wrap fell. I didn't have that problem with the other hand. The wraps, made of real nail polish, do chip, so I would suggest to put a top coat afterwards.

The mint green is MUA's Pistachio Ice Cream.  At £1 each, they don't break the bank. They also chip though, so a top coat would be essential. I always forget to put some on. But I like to switch things up regularly.


Please excuse the state of some nails, I was shedding skin :(

Do you have a favourite Spring nail colour or polish?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. ElleSees.blogspot.com8 April 2014 at 08:08

    love how this turned out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a unique and gorgeous twist !

    Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime bien les couleurs pastels pour le printemps, surtout le lilac et le menthe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouiii! S'il peut arriver maintenant!...

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook