My BBs

22:18:00


BB Creams are not all the rage as the were where they were new to the Western World. Anyway, they still are a great basic, notably when you want an effortless look on a lazy day or when your skin doesn't need too much coverage.

Today I thought I would show you my BB stash, and as you will notice, I purchased them at different times of the year, as their shades vary. Nonetheless, as BB Creams usually comes in 2-3 offerings, I tend to buy the medium shade or the medium/dark one.

For some reason my BB Creas were all bought in Europe, maybe it was because for the long time we didn't have too many choices here in North America except the famous Garnier one. I have tried the original Garnier BB Cream in the past and was not impressed. I haven't tried the one for Oil/Combination skin, but I might prefer it to the original, since I thought this one was too heavy and was just sitting on my skin.

Left to Right: No7, Dr Jart+, Skinfood Good Afternoon, Boots Botanics, Nivea Visage

No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream Normal/Oily: It is the only one that I've got targets oily skin. Which is a good thing for me, as I have oily skin. BB Cream, being treatments, are good when we want a light coverage.But the consistency might not be light, as it packs a few things, such as SPF, anti-wrinkles, etc. This one is not too heavy, so I can use it in the Summer. This one has a SPF of 15, and 5 stars UVA protection. £13.50 for 40ml.

Dr Jart+ Premium BB Beauty Balm SPF40: This is the one I've been using recently as it is the one that suits my carnation at the moment. It is decently lightweight, covers well but doesn't stay long. I have a sample size, and I like it, but I don't see myself buying the $47 full size.

Skinfood Good Afternoon Honey Black Tea BB SPF20 PA+: This is the only Korean BB Cream that I have at the moment. Unlike most of the Korean BBs, this one doesn't have that grey undertone, but it's still quite light, even thought it is consider medium. I guess it's a cultural difference. Also, it smells heavily of red tea, as opposed to black tea (it even says red tea somewhere on the box). It is a nice scent, but they were quite generous on the fragrance and might not suit those with sensitive skin.

Boots Botanics BB Cream Radiant Youth SPF30: I quite like this BB cream, but I also forget about it! I guess it's due to where I store it, I should really rotate the stash more. This one, though British is like the Korean BBs; its has a gray undertone. The only thing I don't like about it is that the hole of the tube is tiny, and doesn't push enough of the product out for a face cream (it would be ok for an eye product, if that makes sense). It seems that this product is discontinued, as I don't see it on Boots.com.

Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkles SPF15: This is a typical Nivea product with a typical fresh Nivea scent. I quite like the scent, but then again if you are sensitive to them, it might be too much. It is one of my darkest BB cream. Unfortunately, it si quite too heavy to wear in the Summer, but I can make it work in the Fall, after having tanned.

As the Summer will progress, maybe I will have to mix a few of those BBs in order to create a customised shade. That is BB for you, it has a smaller shade choices!

What is your favourite BB cream? Have you figured out your Summer skincare products yet?


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I definitely want to get into wearing bbcreams as I hate wearing full foundation everyday (even when im not going out...) I will definitely try some of these!

    (Btw just found your blog and I love it!! Definitely following right now!)

    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! Yes, theyre good when you dont want to cake it up! 😉

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook