January Empties

19:30:00


Body and Face Products

New Year, new start! I'm glad to show you my first empties of 2013! If this year keeps up like this, I might be able to finish all my stuff and streamline my products (I keep on dreaming!)

Let's talk about the good, the bad and the ugly, shall we?


Monu Night Renewal Complex Normal Combination Skin: I talked about it last week on my Hitting Rock Bottom Post. The label combination skin promised me all kinds of things. I was disapointed, as I am thinking of something heavier from a kight cream. I wouldn't use this as a day cream (in the winter, that is). Maybe it is good in the summer, when the elements are more clement.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: This is on the other end of the greasy spectrum. Woah this stuff is heavy! I would have offered it to my mum, but she's only just getting on the cream game, so decided to use this on my neck before sleep. A good choice. I wouldn't purchase this solely for that, as it is pricy.




Skincare sachet samples
Lush Candy Cane Soap: Yum, it is harder to make a soap girlier and yummier than this one! If Lush would've been nearer, I would have stock up on this, but now I'll have to wait next Christmas for that!


Haircare
Personnelle with Provitamin Shampoo Natural Care: I LOVED this shampoo. Unfortunately, this one has been in my dad's stash for a while and I think it has been discontinued. I went to check at Jean Coutu for it, and I think what comes closest to it is their Stylis range, but I haven't tried so cannot tell. This helped untangle my hair and left tham soft, leaving me petting them all day long ;)

TRESemmé Split Remedy Split Mend & Protect Leave in Treatment: Why why why the name is sooooooooooo long? Anyway, I usually think TRESemmé products are all-right but this is not. It is greasy and left my hair heavy.

Kérastase Résistance Ciment thermique: Kérastase, have you talked to TRESemmé, because your ciment thermique is about the same as their Split Remedy Split Mend & Protect Leave in Treatment. For a high end brand, I was expecting more...

Kérastase Cristaliste Lumière liquide: This was a good product, but I can think of other brands that do the same for less.

Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Cashew: Since every beauty blogger is raving about this I was curious to give it a try as well. Unfortunately, the colour didn't match my skin tone, so I had to mix it with my own foundation so much that I cannot really say if it's good or bad. When I go to the big city I might ask for a sample that matches my skin.

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Moray: Duh. Cannot report anything on this except I wasn't able to use it more than twice before it died out. The only positive thing I can say is that the colour is pretty. Stila, I was expecting more from my money! :(

Perfumes and dental care. Randomness at its best :)
Lady Gaga Fame Eau de parfum: The first time I tried this in store I had a headache. It's quite heady. But when I received the sample, I decided to try it anyway. And I must say I like it. I'm not really convince about their "black perfume" being an innovation schtick, though. Common, it is original, and yes maybe you can patent it, but is it really ground breaking? I have red perfumes that goes on clear on the skin, it's not necessary to market your product with that.

Crest 3D White Vivid Toothpaste: Even good ol' toothpaste has complicated names now. Where is the world going? I do like this toothpaste though. It is effective at getting rid of the fairly new stains. I already talked about it in another empties post. I would repurchase.

And.... drum roll please! This month I had also finished 38 products/samples! I wouldn't have thought I would finish as much as last month, but I did! Yay!

Ladies, now, any product that you finish and liked (hated) in January? Please share below!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ahhh moi j'ai été déçue par la pâte à dent 3D White, mais je crois que mes dents sont jaunes naturelles car j'ai tout essayé et rien ne fonctionne!

    J'adore les empties posts, c'est tellement motivant et ça m'aide à arrêter d'acheter plein de trucs inutiles ou que j'ai déjà! Ça doit faire un an que je n'ai rien acheté question beauté, sérieusement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moi c'est depuis que je bois du café (et maintenant c'est aussi le thé!) J'ai un kit de blanchiment, mais les goutières me font mal, j'ai une trop petite bouche! Le 3D white, cest c'qui se rapproche le plus, en pate a dent.

      J'achetais plus tellement de trucs non plus, mais en déménageant dans un village loin de tout, j'achète comme c'est pas possible! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Pas mal d'empties! De mon côté, ça ne se vide pas vraiment encore XD

    Oh! haha! J'ai flashé sur Fame en grande partie parce qu'il est noir .__. mais ça adonne que j'ai trouvé qu'il sentait bon et je l'ai acheté! Quels parfums sont rouges? ça m'intrigue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah? Finalement y'ont p-e pas tord avec ca! Rouge, messemble que par le passé il y a eu des parfums Escada qui étaient rouges, mais j'trouve plus ou je les ai mis :( Sinon y'a Sui Love d'Anna Sui qui est orange pétant! :)

      Delete
  3. lovely post! so many empties!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear your blog is truly nice ;) I follow you on GFC with pleasure and you'll look at me with pleasure :)

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. thanks for updating.

    ReplyDelete

I always like to get your comments and start a conversation :)

About Me

A young 30 something who likes makeup, décor and travels.

Like MsBubu on Facebook